- 1. Network of researchers, technicians, and government officials involved in water environment all over Japan
- The Society is composed of about 2,500 individuals (including student members) and corporate members. The individual members and corporate members belong to various organizations including educational organizations, private companies, government agencies, and research and testing institutions. Members of JSWE can interact with various researchers, technicians, and government officials with different positions and research backgrounds through JSWE events and activities hosted by regional offices and research committees. They also gain opportunities to exchange information and participate in joint projects.
- 2. Transmission of research outcomes
- JSWE members can contribute articles to the organization magazine, the Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment. They also have the opportunity to give presentations at Annual Conferences and Symposiums to present their research outcomes. Members can expand their opportunities so as to put out and exchange information.
- 3. Reception of the organization's magazine, Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment
- JSWE members receive the organization's magazine, the Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment every month. The Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment contains articles including seasonal projects which provide latest information to JSWE members. This magazine is not distributed to special regular members and international associate members.
- 4. Discount for participating in events
- Members can participate in Annual Conferences, Symposiums, and seminars at discounted prices. Discounted prices are available at fellowship banquets to interaction with participants of events and instructors.
- 5. Special privileges for corporate members
- In addition to the above privileges 1―4, corporate members enjoy the following special privileges:
(1) Printing introductory articles for free and advertisements for discounted prices (20% discount) in the organization's magazine, the Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment
(2) Discounted prices (20% discount) for showing exhibits at Annual Conferences and Symposium and printing advertisements on seminar proceedings.
(3) Participation in inspection sessions and water environment banquets hosted by the Industry-Government-Academia Cooperation Committee
(4) Introduction of instructors to technical seminars
- 6. Special privileges for student members
- Besides the above privileges 1―4, student members enjoy the following privileges:
(1) Apply for student poster presentation award (Lion Award) at Annual Conferences (students in universities, junior colleges, and technical colleges)
(2) Apply for awards for excellent presentations at Annual Conferences (Kurita Award) (graduate students in the first half of doctoral programs (master's programs))
(3) Apply for doctoral research promotion awards (Organo Award) (graduate students in the second half of doctoral programs (doctoral programs))
(4) Apply for awards hosted by regional offices
(5) Participate in Water Environment Business Guidance which is held during Annual Conferences
- 7. Special privileges for special regular members
Members can participate in
Water and Environment Technology Conference (WET), at free.
Discounted prices are available at banquets.
■Membership categories and fee
- 1. Membership categories
Corporate member (public)
Special regular member 1)
International associate member 2)
1)Applicants for the special regular member should meet the following two requirements:
･65 years old or over
･Maintain the membership status continuously more than 10 years until April 1st of the year for application
Please note that the organization's magazine, Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment is not distributed and that the special regular members do not have the eligibility for senators and auditor-secretary.
2)The membership of the international associate member is provided with our great honor to individuals living in foreign countries. The applicant needs recommendation by the two JSWE members retaining the membership status for more than 5 years. Please note that the organization's magazine, Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment is not distributed and that the special regular members do not have the eligibility for senators and auditor-secretary. In addition, the international associate members may be asked as the JSWE’s partner to contribute to the JSWE activities related to the water environment of your country.
- 2. Membership fee
The annual membership fee is as follows.
annual fee JSWE members 12,500 yen corporate members(public) a unit 77,900 yen corporate members a unit 155,900 yen Special regular members 5,200 yen student members 5,200 yen International associate members free
■Membership application procedures
E-mail Address of JSWE : member(a)jswe.or.jp, Please convert "(a)" into "@"